Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

Maybe not the best macbook palm guard...

I bought this palm rest guard/cover for my Macbook a while ago. It's called SurfacePadColors and this is made by a company called twelve south (only available for the latest White Unibody Macbook).





I chose this color (Perfect Pink; but it looks more of a purple to me) because I think it won't darken easily and at the same time it's to compliment the red Speck clear case of my Macbook. Other colors include Cyan Blue, Orange Crush, and Infinite Gray. There's a black one but it's a different line though and I did't see it at the store. It looks nice, but it doesn't cover the whole palm rest area. The thing was also kinda hard to install correctly. Being OC with things, I had to do it 6 times to get it right for my liking.

First impressions? Well it looks good. It's made of soft synthetic leather (it claims to be made of leather but I don't think it's pure leather). But my concern is the protection or the lack of it. Makes me miss my Moshi Palmguard


When i first bought my Mac


After 6 months (this was the second one though. I changed after 6 months). Notice the oil and the dark shade due to dirt. FYI, the keyboard isn't actually a Macbook. It's the cardboard keyboard the Surface Pad Colors palm guard came with.

The Surface Pad Colors palm rest guard costs Php 1400 at the Power Mac Center. I'll post a future entry regarding my experience with it after a few weeks. Oh, and the Moshi PalmGuard costs Php 1250, down from its original price of Php 1.3k. 


No comments:

Post a Comment